Ways to Volunteer
Hospice Georgian Triangle started in 1987 as an all-volunteer organization. Today, the backbone of the Hospice Georgian Triangle and the Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation is its more than 100 volunteers.
We rely on volunteers at Hospice Georgian Triangle, gifting hundreds of hours of service every month. We provide orientation and training so you don’t have to have a medical background or previous experience.
What activities can volunteers do?
- In-home visiting
- Caregiver support/respite
- Peer-to-peer bereavement support
- Co-facilitation of support groups
- Lead teams of volunteers
- Conduct/assist at speaking engagements
- Sit on our Hospice Georgian Triangle Board and Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation Board and other essential committees
- Assist the Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation with fundraising and special events
- Non-medical support for people with life-limiting health conditions and their families in Campbell House
- Kitchen and reception duties in Campbell House
- Reception duties at our downtown office: 186 Hurontario St, unit 103, Collingwood, ON
- General administrative support
- Maintenance and gardening
Process of becoming a volunteer
Volunteers complete an application form, are interviewed by our Volunteer Lead, have references checked, undergo a Vulnerable Sector Check and Palliative Care Training before volunteers are placed in contact with those in our care. Volunteers are key members of our interdisciplinary team and they provide us with support in a variety of roles. If you have any questions about volunteering with Hospice Georgian Triangle, please feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Lead Helen today.
Volunteer Application Form: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD. Print & fill out application form. Completed forms can be dropped off / mailed to Campbell House, or can be scanned and emailed to Helen Russell.
Volunteer Lead, Hospice Georgian Triangle
705-444-2555 ext. 7526
COMMUNITY SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We are recruiting volunteers for positions in our Community Support programs. Volunteers are critical part of our operations at Hospice Georgian Triangle. Their commitment and dedication make it possible for clients and families to receive support within their own homes.
You can help in several ways whether it be by providing caregiver relief, being a visiting companion for palliative individuals or by providing one-on-one grief and bereavement support. Our volunteers receive extensive training to provide them with the skills and confidence to properly support our community members.
When you volunteer with us, you’ll learn new skills, make life lasting memories and most importantly, you will be making a lasting impact on the clients and their families.
To learn more about how you can support individual in your community, contact: Sophie Paquette, Community Support Worker, Programs & Volunteers
Any other questions? Reach out for more information by filling in the following form: