COVID-19: IMPORTANT NOTICE
DETAILS OF GREY ZONE:
- Physicians who have received a minimum first dose COVID vaccine are welcomed in to the building for face to face visits with their patients.
- Up to 1 essential visitor per resident permitted into HGT/Campbell House in the grey zone/level.
- Only the 1 designated visitor is permitted to stay overnight per resident.
- Alternative non face to face visits encouraged such as window visits, Skype, Facetime, Phone, Text.
- No outdoor/indoor visiting permitted.
- Visitors required to wear level 2 surgical mask which will be provided.
- Visitors are required to wear a gown while visiting at Campbell House.
At HGT/Campbell House, we recognize resident and family-centred care as a guiding principle in the policies and processes we develop. We have recently updated our visiting policy which is intended to balance this principle in association with the most current Ontario Health and Ministry of Health guidance regarding resident visitor recommendations. Aligning with the Province’s “Framework for Reopening our Province” and COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open, a phased approach for reopening to visitation will be employed.
Determining when to reopen (or reduce) visitation will depend upon:
- Virus spread and containment in the local area (North Simcoe Muskoka) and at HGT/Campbell House
- Health system capacity in acute care, Long Term Care (LTC) and at HGT/Campbell House
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supply
- Staffing and resources
Please contact our staff if you have any questions with regards to our current visiting policy. Hospice Georgian Triangle recognizes that each resident and their family have different needs. Residents and family members may request additional visitors. All requests will go through an approval process. Please note that although all requests will be considered; not all requests will be granted. During COVID-19 pandemic, visiting restrictions are essential for the protection of our residents, staff and visitors.